WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Canada goose has evaded capture while wandering West Des Moines with what appears to be an arrow running through its body.
The wounded bird was reported last week.
Iowa Natural Resources Department game warden Jeff Swearngin says the bird remains mobile, "and until it gets to where it can't move around, there's really no way to catch it."
Swearngin says it's illegal to shoot the goose within city limits but not in rural areas. He couldn't say when the bird was injured or how far it has wandered.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners