WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Canada goose has evaded capture while wandering West Des Moines with what appears to be an arrow running through its body.
The wounded bird was reported last week.
Iowa Natural Resources Department game warden Jeff Swearngin says the bird remains mobile, "and until it gets to where it can't move around, there's really no way to catch it."
Swearngin says it's illegal to shoot the goose within city limits but not in rural areas. He couldn't say when the bird was injured or how far it has wandered.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking