EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Xcel Energy crews from Eau Claire and Tomah were deployed to southern Wisconsin and Iowa to help restore electricity service after the snow storm knocked out power to thousands of customers Thursday.
Eight Xcel Energy employees and one manager left from Eau Claire and met up with two workers from Tomah before heading to Madison on Friday. The crews are helping Madison Gas and Electric restore service to about 1,800 customers.
In a separate mutual aid deployment, 12 employees and one manager volunteered to travel from the Twin Cities to help restore electricity service in the Des Moines, Iowa. Four workers from Faribault and Mankato also helped restore power. Those crew members are helping Mid-American Energy to help restore service to about 9,500 customers.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather