EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Xcel Energy crews from Eau Claire and Tomah were deployed to southern Wisconsin and Iowa to help restore electricity service after the snow storm knocked out power to thousands of customers Thursday.
Eight Xcel Energy employees and one manager left from Eau Claire and met up with two workers from Tomah before heading to Madison on Friday. The crews are helping Madison Gas and Electric restore service to about 1,800 customers.
In a separate mutual aid deployment, 12 employees and one manager volunteered to travel from the Twin Cities to help restore electricity service in the Des Moines, Iowa. Four workers from Faribault and Mankato also helped restore power. Those crew members are helping Mid-American Energy to help restore service to about 9,500 customers.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota