CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - Nine Catholic schools in Cedar Rapids and Marion will be rebranded as Xavier Catholic Schools.
The Gazette reports that each school will be adorned with Xavier High School's cross-style X but will retain their names. They also will use the same tagline in their various materials: "Learning with a higher purpose."
The schools are All Saints Catholic School, Regis Middle School, St. Ludmila Elementary School, St. Jude Elementary Center, St. Joseph School, St. Matthew School, St. Pius X, LaSalle Middle School and Xavier High School.
Administrators began sharing the rebranding strategy with students, parents and staffers earlier this week.
Superintendent Jeff Henderson, of the Archdiocese of Dubuque schools, says the rebranding is part of an effort to reverse declining enrollment and raise the schools' visibility.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day