CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - Nine Catholic schools in Cedar Rapids and Marion will be rebranded as Xavier Catholic Schools.
The Gazette reports that each school will be adorned with Xavier High School's cross-style X but will retain their names. They also will use the same tagline in their various materials: "Learning with a higher purpose."
The schools are All Saints Catholic School, Regis Middle School, St. Ludmila Elementary School, St. Jude Elementary Center, St. Joseph School, St. Matthew School, St. Pius X, LaSalle Middle School and Xavier High School.
Administrators began sharing the rebranding strategy with students, parents and staffers earlier this week.
Superintendent Jeff Henderson, of the Archdiocese of Dubuque schools, says the rebranding is part of an effort to reverse declining enrollment and raise the schools' visibility.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death