DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) -- The excitement is building as a second eaglet has cracked out of its egg and a third is expected at a plant in Davenport.
The second eaglet hatched Wednesday. The first hatched on Monday. A third egg was showing signs of a crack, but there was no announcement by Thursday afternoon on the company's website that includes an internet camera.
A pair of American bald eagles, Liberty and Justice, built a nest in a tree on the Mississippi River on the Alcoa Davenport Work's property in 2009.
In 2010, they had two eaglets. Last year, they raised a single eaglet, which was witnessed by 1.5 million visitors on the Alcoa EagleCam.
Another famous pair of eagles is expecting up in the river in Decorah. They also have three eggs.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls