DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) -- The excitement is building as a second eaglet has cracked out of its egg and a third is expected at a plant in Davenport.
The second eaglet hatched Wednesday. The first hatched on Monday. A third egg was showing signs of a crack, but there was no announcement by Thursday afternoon on the company's website that includes an internet camera.
A pair of American bald eagles, Liberty and Justice, built a nest in a tree on the Mississippi River on the Alcoa Davenport Work's property in 2009.
In 2010, they had two eaglets. Last year, they raised a single eaglet, which was witnessed by 1.5 million visitors on the Alcoa EagleCam.
Another famous pair of eagles is expecting up in the river in Decorah. They also have three eggs.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser