COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - Two Council Bluffs men have been sent to federal prison for attaching a logging chain to an ATM and yanking it out of the outer lobby of a bank in western Iowa.
On Wednesday 35-year-old Robert Edie III was given 34 months and 19-year-old Patrick Eggerling 19 months for stealing the ATM from Farmer's Trust & Savings Bank in Earling on April 12.
Prosecutors say the men attached the chain to a sport utility vehicle they'd stolen. They dragged the ATM out of the building, put it in the back of the SUV and fled.
The SUV was spotted on U.S. Highway 30 near Logan and a chase began. The SUV eventually reached Interstate 680, but the chase ended when the SUV crashed off the interstate into a field.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota