COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - Two Council Bluffs men have been sent to federal prison for attaching a logging chain to an ATM and yanking it out of the outer lobby of a bank in western Iowa.
On Wednesday 35-year-old Robert Edie III was given 34 months and 19-year-old Patrick Eggerling 19 months for stealing the ATM from Farmer's Trust & Savings Bank in Earling on April 12.
Prosecutors say the men attached the chain to a sport utility vehicle they'd stolen. They dragged the ATM out of the building, put it in the back of the SUV and fled.
The SUV was spotted on U.S. Highway 30 near Logan and a chase began. The SUV eventually reached Interstate 680, but the chase ended when the SUV crashed off the interstate into a field.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game