DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Two people have reported seeing a mountain lion or lions in a field on the northeast side of Des Moines.
Fifty-two-year-old Diane Gibbs-Jaxn told The Des Moines Register that she saw a mountain lion around 7:45 a.m. Thursday as she looked out a window of her cousin's home. It was some distance from her, in a field.
Gibbs-Jaxn says she first thought it was a deer, but then she saw its long tail and that it moved like a cat.
Children at a nearby day camp were sent inside as deputies arrived to search. They found no signs of the cat.
Dane Nutt owns the field, and he told the newspaper that he has twice seen a mountain lion on the property. But his sightings haven't been confirmed either.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers