LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The American Red Cross has opened shelters in four locations after severe weather and devastating flooding forced residents to evacuate their homes.
The shelters are located at:
-Holy Family Catholic Church at 532 McKinley Street in Arcadia
-Southern Bluffs Elementary School at 4010 Sunnyside Drive in La Crosse
-Barney Center at 1000 E. Montgomery Street in Sparta
-Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau High School at 17511 N. Main Street in Galesville.
At this time, the Red Cross is providing snacks and meals for affected residents along with a place to stay. Volunteers are also providing comfort kits containing personal care items such as toothbrushes, deodorant, shaving supplies and other personal hygiene items.
Volunteers are working with residents in Northwest and Southern Wisconsin to provide needed assistance.
There will be more updates as information comes in.
- Granny basketball offers on-court fun, friendship
- Walker to launch re-election campaign Nov. 5 in Waukesha
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Wisconsin prison head says more space needed
- West Salem to purchase land for new police department
- Trempealeau D.A. speaks out following recent ethical concerns
- Hall of Fame QB Bart Starr to attend Packers game vs. Saints
- Minnesota State considers changing tuition policy
- Watt brothers' Badgers bobblehead unveiled