LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Realtors help bring people into our community, and now they're hoping to build it in a different way.
The La Crosse Realtors Association presented a donation of $1700 to the Boys and Girls Club of Greater La Crosse Thursday. It's part of a larger state-wide effort by the Wisconsin Realtors Association to give a total of 27 checks to Boys and Girls Clubs across the state over the next couple weeks.
The president of the La Crosse chapter, Dave Snyder, says they wanted to do what they could to help an organization that's such a big part of the community.
"We live in the community, we raise our family here in the community and we thought that this would be a great opportunity for us to help give back a little bit to such a wonderful organization as the Boys and Girls Club," said Snyder.
The donations are being made through a grant from the Wisconsin Realtors Foundation.
- Wisconsin AG doubts state will joint health care lawsuit
- Enrollment in Wisconsin voucher programs increases
- Local entrepreneur brings new cooler to La Crosse
- Legislator wants to see Foxconn incentives deal before vote
- Target says customers want it to pause the "Christmas creep"
- I-90 lane closure west of Dresbach Bridge to install sign
- Most Minnesota governor candidates to release tax returns
- Volunteers carve 500 pumpkins
- La Crosse City Council member proposes changing alcohol sale hours
- Steve Toft announces candidacy for Congress, stops in La Crosse