MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A University of Minnesota law professor has filed a defamation lawsuit against a woman he says falsely accused him of sexual assault.
Francesco Parisi spent several weeks in the Hennepin County Jail and was charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct and stalking. Those charges were dropped earlier this month. The Hennepin County attorney said the allegations against Parisi could not be corroborated.
KMSP-TV reports Parisi says he tried to have the woman evicted after a real estate deal dissolved and their romantic relationship soured. She filed two harassment orders against him that were dismissed and accused him of sexual assault 17 months after the alleged attack.
Parisi says his reputation as a professor and lecturer has been affected by the allegations.
- Assembly passes ban on pre-existing condition exclusion
- Walker approves ending work permits for 16-, 17-year-olds
- Walker signs bill allowing robot deliveries in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill targeting deadly fentanyl
- Police asked to limit presence in Minneapolis pride parade
- The Latest: Pepper spray prison videos will be shown
- Arrests made in Eau Claire cell phone store burglaries
- 13-year-old driver arrested after 2 police chases
- Judge to weigh solitary confinement, pepper spray at prison
- In Iowa, Trump rallies base, celebrates GOP resilience