MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A University of Minnesota law professor has filed a defamation lawsuit against a woman he says falsely accused him of sexual assault.
Francesco Parisi spent several weeks in the Hennepin County Jail and was charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct and stalking. Those charges were dropped earlier this month. The Hennepin County attorney said the allegations against Parisi could not be corroborated.
KMSP-TV reports Parisi says he tried to have the woman evicted after a real estate deal dissolved and their romantic relationship soured. She filed two harassment orders against him that were dismissed and accused him of sexual assault 17 months after the alleged attack.
Parisi says his reputation as a professor and lecturer has been affected by the allegations.
- Officer, 3 others die in Wisconsin shootings
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting