LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - La Crosse residents are helping to feed those in need by eating today.
For $15, you can pick out a bowl made by a local potter to eat unlimited soup donated by local restaurants. Volunteers helped to make 1,100 bowls for the soup dinner, and the event raised about $9,000.
The Empty Bowls event is hosted by Generous Earth Pottery and raises money for the Channel One Regional Food Bank.
"This is a really important event, because there's many people that are struggling with hunger in our area," said Karen Bressi, owner of Generous Earth. "Channel 1 Food Bank serves 13 counties, so they distribute food to several counties in the area where people need their shelves filled."
This is the first year Generous Earth has put on the Empty Bowls fundraiser.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse