LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is highlighting healthcare Tuesday in La Crosse.
The Governor visited the Gundersen Health System campus to explain how his state budget proposal supports health care providers, while also getting a tour of the technical and medical advances at the La Crosse campus.
Walker says his budget proposal will help Wisconsin's healthcare system improve to become a national example.
"Gundersen is one of the leaders in this regard. They are consistently ranked within the top three healthcare systems statewide and in the entire nation. We're proud of that. It fits into our high quality of life here in the state of Wisconsin, and we want to grow on that,” said Governor Walker.
Governor Walker's state budget proposal calls for additional funding for Rural Physician Residency Programs, Youth Nursing Training, and increases to personal care and nursing homes
- La Crosse Mayor, Shelby Town Board Chair present boundary agreement
- La Crosse realtors fight to preserve former Maid-Rite building
- Juvenile prison employees described chaotic environment
- Wisconsin lawmaker's daughter charged in opioid death
- Trempealeau DA responds to letter sent to Walker
- FBI human trafficking sting saves 2 Wisconsin children
- DNR board to consider ATV, motorcycle trails in state forest
- News 8 Sports Round Up - October 20, 2017
- 'Field of Screams' takes over Copeland Park
- Hunger Task Force gets big donation