DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Republican businessman Donald Trump, who nearly ran for president in 2012, will speak at a conservative event in Iowa this August.
Organizers of the Family Leader's leadership summit say Trump accepted an invitation to speak at the Aug. 10 event in Ames.
The event could feature some of the top conservative candidates.
Former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania has also accepted an invitation to attend the event.
Organizers have invited several other top Republicans, including U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.
More details of the event are available online at http://www.TheFamilyLeadershipSummit.com.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers