DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Republican businessman Donald Trump, who nearly ran for president in 2012, will speak at a conservative event in Iowa this August.
Organizers of the Family Leader's leadership summit say Trump accepted an invitation to speak at the Aug. 10 event in Ames.
The event could feature some of the top conservative candidates.
Former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania has also accepted an invitation to attend the event.
Organizers have invited several other top Republicans, including U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.
More details of the event are available online at http://www.TheFamilyLeadershipSummit.com.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option