MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Karl Rove's political action group has poured another $1.2 million into Wisconsin's Senate race for ads attacking Democratic candidate Tammy Baldwin.
Crossroads Grassroots Policy Strategies announced the latest ad buy on Tuesday. That brings its total spent on the race since mid-August to $3.8 million.
Baldwin and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee also launched new ads attacking Republican Tommy Thompson.
The latest Marquette University Law School poll released on the race last week showed Baldwin with a narrow 4-point lead.
The Crossroads ad attacks Baldwin's position on health care, replaying a clip of her voicing support for government-run health care.
The ads come on top of a new Thompson spot released Monday that accuses Baldwin and her supporters of being liars.
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government