LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Lee Nerison will keep his seat in the 96th Assembly for a 7th term.
Democrat Alicia Leinberger, a resident of Viroqua, announced her candidacy to upseat Republican incumbent Nerison back in May.
Nerison has occupied the seat since 2004.
Leinberger said she was more representative of those in her district, working through trade and market issues with dairy farmers and producers.
The 96th Assembly District covers Crawford, Vernon and parts of Monroe counties.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash