LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Lee Nerison will keep his seat in the 96th Assembly for a 7th term.
Democrat Alicia Leinberger, a resident of Viroqua, announced her candidacy to upseat Republican incumbent Nerison back in May.
Nerison has occupied the seat since 2004.
Leinberger said she was more representative of those in her district, working through trade and market issues with dairy farmers and producers.
The 96th Assembly District covers Crawford, Vernon and parts of Monroe counties.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing