LA CROSSE, Wis. -- - Former La Crosse Mayor John Medinger makes it official.
He announced his candidacy on Friday to get his old job back.
Medinger was Mayor of La Crosse from 1997 to 2005.
He says he's running again because there's an opportunity and he feels he still has something to contribute.
"I think that what the city is looking for right now is experience and leadership. And I bring that experience to the table after 8 years of being mayor. I know this place. I can come in here the first day and get work done," said Medinger.
Medinger makes the fourth person to officially enter the La Crosse Mayoral race.
Washburn Neighborhood Association President Randy Magno, current City Council Member Chris Olson and Randall Czapiewski are also candidates.
The election is in April.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US