LA CROSSE, Wis. -- - Former La Crosse Mayor John Medinger makes it official.
He announced his candidacy on Friday to get his old job back.
Medinger was Mayor of La Crosse from 1997 to 2005.
He says he's running again because there's an opportunity and he feels he still has something to contribute.
"I think that what the city is looking for right now is experience and leadership. And I bring that experience to the table after 8 years of being mayor. I know this place. I can come in here the first day and get work done," said Medinger.
Medinger makes the fourth person to officially enter the La Crosse Mayoral race.
Washburn Neighborhood Association President Randy Magno, current City Council Member Chris Olson and Randall Czapiewski are also candidates.
The election is in April.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December