MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Senate Democrats have appointed Sen. Bob Wirch and Sen. Jennifer Shilling to serve on the Joint Committee on Finance for the upcoming legislative session.
Incoming Senate Democratic Leader Chris Larson, D-Milwaukee, made the announcement Wednesday. He says Wirch and Shilling have shown they are committed to working with fellow Democrats, Republican legislators and the governor to move Wisconsin forward.
Larson says he's looking forward to working with Wirch and Shilling to create jobs, increase economic development, and protect schools.
Wirch and Shilling are both Democrats. Wirch is from Somers, and Shilling is from La Crosse.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls