MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Senate Democrats have appointed Sen. Bob Wirch and Sen. Jennifer Shilling to serve on the Joint Committee on Finance for the upcoming legislative session.
Incoming Senate Democratic Leader Chris Larson, D-Milwaukee, made the announcement Wednesday. He says Wirch and Shilling have shown they are committed to working with fellow Democrats, Republican legislators and the governor to move Wisconsin forward.
Larson says he's looking forward to working with Wirch and Shilling to create jobs, increase economic development, and protect schools.
Wirch and Shilling are both Democrats. Wirch is from Somers, and Shilling is from La Crosse.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests