MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin gubernatorial hopeful Doug La Follette has a new campaign mascot -- a tiny windup cow.
La Follette showed off the toy cow to reporters during a press conference Monday. He says he has named the cow Ms. Forward, riffing on Wisconsin's "Forward" motto and the name of a statue outside the state Capitol.
La Follette has served as secretary of state since 1982. He's one of five candidates running in a Democratic primary May 8 for the chance to unseat Republican Gov. Scott Walker in a June 5 general recall election.
Democrats have forced Walker and five other Republicans into recalls as punishment for passing a law stripping most public workers of nearly all their union rights.
- Trump's inauguration, weekend protests: What to know
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December