MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin gubernatorial hopeful Doug La Follette has a new campaign mascot -- a tiny windup cow.
La Follette showed off the toy cow to reporters during a press conference Monday. He says he has named the cow Ms. Forward, riffing on Wisconsin's "Forward" motto and the name of a statue outside the state Capitol.
La Follette has served as secretary of state since 1982. He's one of five candidates running in a Democratic primary May 8 for the chance to unseat Republican Gov. Scott Walker in a June 5 general recall election.
Democrats have forced Walker and five other Republicans into recalls as punishment for passing a law stripping most public workers of nearly all their union rights.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl