La Crosse, WI - Rep. Ron Kind headed back to Washington D.C. Monday morning, but before he left he sat down in the News 8 studio to talk about the growing frustration with the shutdown.
Rep. Kind believes we have a broken government. He thinks lawmakers need to do a better job at working together and listening to their constituents. We asked him if that is possible, since recently lawmakers have shown no signs of working together or listening to each other.
Rep. Kind also talked about the problems with leadership in both the House and Senate, and how he feels we can end this standoff.
We also talked about the debt ceiling deadline. Rep. Kind paints a clear picture of just how much it could cost the U.S. if we default.22319124
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated