La Crosse, WI - Rep. Ron Kind headed back to Washington D.C. Monday morning, but before he left he sat down in the News 8 studio to talk about the growing frustration with the shutdown.
Rep. Kind believes we have a broken government. He thinks lawmakers need to do a better job at working together and listening to their constituents. We asked him if that is possible, since recently lawmakers have shown no signs of working together or listening to each other.
Rep. Kind also talked about the problems with leadership in both the House and Senate, and how he feels we can end this standoff.
We also talked about the debt ceiling deadline. Rep. Kind paints a clear picture of just how much it could cost the U.S. if we default.22319124
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay