Besides the presidential race, there are several Wisconsin races News 8 is following throughout the day.
In the U.S. Senate race, Republican Tommy Thompson and Democrat Tammy Baldwin are vying for retiring Senator Herb Kohl's seat. This is a race that is getting national attention as Republicans try to win back control of the Senate.
Thompson was in La Crosse on Monday along with Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker. Baldwin spoke to the crowd at President Barack Obama's event in Madison Monday, urging them to get out and vote.
In the 3rd Congressional District, Democrat Ron Kind faces Republican challenger Colonel Ray Boland. Congressman Kind is the eight-term incumbent.
In the 32nd Senate District, incumbent Jennifer Shilling took over the seat last year after beating Dan Kapanke in the historic recall election. She faces Bill Feehan, the former chairman of the La Crosse County GOP.
In State Assembly races in our area, incumbent Steve Doyle goes up against Bruce Evers in the 94th District. In Wisconsin's 96th Assembly District, Democrat Tom Johnson is challenging incumbent Republican Lee Nerison.
Stay with News8000.com and watch News 8 at 5, 6 and 10 p.m. for the latest information on these races.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game