Besides the presidential race, there are several Wisconsin races News 8 is following throughout the day.
In the U.S. Senate race, Republican Tommy Thompson and Democrat Tammy Baldwin are vying for retiring Senator Herb Kohl's seat. This is a race that is getting national attention as Republicans try to win back control of the Senate.
Thompson was in La Crosse on Monday along with Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker. Baldwin spoke to the crowd at President Barack Obama's event in Madison Monday, urging them to get out and vote.
In the 3rd Congressional District, Democrat Ron Kind faces Republican challenger Colonel Ray Boland. Congressman Kind is the eight-term incumbent.
In the 32nd Senate District, incumbent Jennifer Shilling took over the seat last year after beating Dan Kapanke in the historic recall election. She faces Bill Feehan, the former chairman of the La Crosse County GOP.
In State Assembly races in our area, incumbent Steve Doyle goes up against Bruce Evers in the 94th District. In Wisconsin's 96th Assembly District, Democrat Tom Johnson is challenging incumbent Republican Lee Nerison.
Stay with News8000.com and watch News 8 at 5, 6 and 10 p.m. for the latest information on these races.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run