MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker and government and business representatives are returning from a trade mission to China.
They visited Beijing, Tianjin, Harbin and Shanghai during the 10-day trip to Wisconsin's largest export market. Walker met with Chinese provincial governors, representatives from China's water and wood sectors, and visited Wisconsin businesses operating in China.
Walker said he believes healthy dialogues between U.S. and Chinese governments is key to sustaining a good economic relationship. He says the real work on the trade mission is done before and after the trip.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online