MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk says she will join with Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett to work for his victory over Republican Gov. Scott Walker in four short weeks.
She asked her supporters Tuesday to also get behind Barrett, who won the primary Tuesday.
Falk was the first Democrat to get into the recall race and racked up support of major unions and other groups before Barrett got in the race on March 30.
But polls showed Barrett was the favored candidate even before he joined the race.
Falk says she will join with Barrett and the two other Democratic candidates for a unity rally on Wednesday at Barrett's Milwaukee home.
Falk says the next four weeks may be the most important in Wisconsin history.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day