MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett says Gov. Scott Walker is "stonewalling" the public by not releasing more information about his involvement with an ongoing secret criminal investigation and his creation of a legal defense fund.
The state Democratic Party on Monday called on Walker and the state elections board to release more details about the defense fund Walker created in connection with the probe that has led to criminal charges against five people close to the governor.
Walker called the request a cheap political stunt meant to distract voters from Barrett's record as mayor.
But Barrett says Walker owes it to the people to release more details about his involvement.
The investigation centers on people who served during Walker's time as a Milwaukee County executive before he was elected governor.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US