MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett says Gov. Scott Walker is "stonewalling" the public by not releasing more information about his involvement with an ongoing secret criminal investigation and his creation of a legal defense fund.
The state Democratic Party on Monday called on Walker and the state elections board to release more details about the defense fund Walker created in connection with the probe that has led to criminal charges against five people close to the governor.
Walker called the request a cheap political stunt meant to distract voters from Barrett's record as mayor.
But Barrett says Walker owes it to the people to release more details about his involvement.
The investigation centers on people who served during Walker's time as a Milwaukee County executive before he was elected governor.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016