LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - One area politician is hoping to make the jump from local to state politics.
Julian Bradley, currently the chairman of La Crosse County's Republican Party, announced his plan to run for Wisconsin Secretary of State.
Bradley says he has a three-step plan to reform, restore and rebuild both the structure of political parties in the state and the position of secretary.
Bradley took part in a speaking tour of the state this year, and he says the feedback he received helped convince him to take the next step.
"A lot of people have asked me, ‘When are you going to run for something, when are you going to run?' And I've always said the same thing, I'll run as soon as I feel I can do the greatest good and make the greatest positive impact," Bradley said.
Bradley will face off against other candidates in an August primary. The general election will take place in November.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing