ONALAKSKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker made a stop in the La Crosse area Wednesday.
The governor visited Onalaska City Hall. It's part of his Blueprint for Prosperity tour promoting the 500-million dollar tax cut he recently signed into law.
Gov. Walker says returning the surplus to Wisconsin residents could mean an even bigger surplus for the state in the future. "We've paid our bills, our fiscal house is in order, now's the time to take this surplus and put it back in the hands of the hardworking taxpayers, the people who actually earned it, and we believe in doing that it will help us create even bigger budget surpluses in the future as that money gets put to work in the economy."
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers