LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse Mayoral Candidate Doug Farmer is promising millions of dollars to revitalize local neighborhoods.
He says the money is possible through a TIF that set to expire at the end of the year. By state law, a TIF can be extended one year, but only if the proceeds are used to rehabilitate and preserve local neighborhoods.
In total, it would add up to $3M over three years.
Farmer says that can be used for things like the Housing Replacement Program, where the city buys a run-down house, builds a new one, then sells it for profit.19248204
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.