LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse Mayoral Candidate Doug Farmer is promising millions of dollars to revitalize local neighborhoods.
He says the money is possible through a TIF that set to expire at the end of the year. By state law, a TIF can be extended one year, but only if the proceeds are used to rehabilitate and preserve local neighborhoods.
In total, it would add up to $3M over three years.
Farmer says that can be used for things like the Housing Replacement Program, where the city buys a run-down house, builds a new one, then sells it for profit.19248204
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building