(CNN) -- Republicans and Democrats remain a "significant distance" apart in talks to avert a year-end combination of spending cuts and tax increases that could trigger a new recession, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Sunday.
More Politics News
- Sea trials to set for chemical arms destroyer
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Mandela's life changed a nation's life
- No budget deal this week
- Blame -- not bills -- passed in Congress
- Most Americans predict more gridlock in 2014
- Mayor Rob Ford: Accusations 'outright lie'
- Obama pushes for minimum wage hike
- Congressional leaders: Budget deal is close