(CNN) -- Former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, who resigned because of an extramarital affair with Maria Belen Chapur, told CNN in an interview Wednesday he was "completely" surprised when Chapur -- now his fiance -- showed up to appear with him the night before when he claimed victory in the runoff for the GOP nomination for his old U.S. House seat.
More Politics News
- Nelson Mandela lies in state
- Can veteran Podesta fix White House?
- Kerry says Iran won't get nuclear weapons
- Governor Walker stops in La Crosse for WEDC Board meeting
- New voting machines arrive in La Crosse County
- Ryan says budget negotiators close to deal
- Obama shakes hands with Raul Castro
- Senate enforces 'nuclear option,' OKs judge
- Texas woman pleads guilty to ricin letters