(CNN) -- Rhode Island became the 10th state in the nation to legalize same-sex marriage after the state legislature approved the measure on Thursday. Gov. Lincoln Chafee is expected to sign the bill at 5:45 p.m. ET.
More Politics News
- Mandela's life changed a nation's life
- Blame -- not bills -- passed in Congress
- Most Americans predict more gridlock in 2014
- Mayor Rob Ford: Accusations 'outright lie'
- Obama pushes for minimum wage hike
- Congressional leaders: Budget deal is close
- First dog Sunny Obama knocks over girl at WH
- Obama to young supporters: Talk up ACA
- Poll: Support for stricter gun control fades