(CNN) --President Barack Obama's upcoming budget will include proposed changes to Social Security and Medicare plus some new tax increases, changes that are an effort for the president to reach a deficit deal with Republicans, according to senior administration officials.
More Politics News
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Mandela's life changed a nation's life
- No budget deal this week
- Blame -- not bills -- passed in Congress
- Most Americans predict more gridlock in 2014
- Mayor Rob Ford: Accusations 'outright lie'
- Obama pushes for minimum wage hike
- Congressional leaders: Budget deal is close
- First dog Sunny Obama knocks over girl at WH