(CNN) -- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden "asked to please reject the request" for asylum from accused NSA leaker Edward Snowden, Ecuador President Rafael Correa said Saturday in his weekly broadcast on state TV. But Snowden wasn't in Ecuador on Saturday, and the country will make any decision based on sovereignty, taking into account U.S. input, Correa said.
More Politics News
- 'Deported' from North Korea, American is home
- Security pact a topic in Hagel's Afghan trip
- Former presidents to travel to Mandela memorial
- Obama lived with Kenyan uncle prior to law school
- Obama lights National Christmas Tree
- Job training bill for people with disabilities signed in La Crosse
- Bill Clinton on Mandela: 'He inspired me before I knew him'
- GOP hits pause on Obamacare repeal
- The biggest campaign moments of 2013