(CNN) -- Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe vetoed a bill Monday afternoon that would have prohibited abortions if a heartbeat could be detected 12 or more weeks into a pregnancy. In a statement, he claimed the measure "blatantly contradicts the United States Constitution."
More Politics News
- Bill Clinton on Mandela: 'He inspired me before I knew him'
- GOP hits pause on Obamacare repeal
- The biggest campaign moments of 2013
- Scott Brown makes location flub
- Local political rivals team up for good cause
- Obama talks healthcare, NSA and 2016
- Sea trials to set for chemical arms destroyer
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Mandela's life changed a nation's life