APPLETON, Wis. (AP) - An Appleton man tells police he vandalized a string of air conditioners in the Fox Cities because he doesn't like the machines.
Sgt. David Lund says different things set people off, and in this case it appears it was air conditioners.
The vandalism began earlier this week in Menasha. But Lund says Appleton police have received at least 12 reports of broken air conditioners. Neenah and Grand Chute have reports as well. He says the targets have included residences, a dentist's office and gas station.
Lund says the 52-year-old suspect spent nights riding his bicycle around and ripping control switches out of the units.
He says investigators think there may be more victims, and they're trying to compile a complete list before referring charges to the district attorney's office.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather