CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - UPDATE:
The two children were found safe in River Falls, WI. Their mother, Michelle Siegert, was taken into custody.
The Chippewa Falls police are searching for a 10-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister, reported missing Saturday, August 19 by their father.
Andrew Heyde told authorities that his children, Ashton and Ally, were not at their home and a white Dodge Caravan with WI plate 221ZJD was missing as well as bank cards. Heyde suspected his ex-girlfriend and mother of the children, Michelle Siegert, 29, may have taken the children and property.
Heyde has full custody of the children and Siegert is on open bond not to have contact with them, the alert said.
Police learned Siegert stayed at a local hotel and checked out on August 22. Siegert was with Adam D. Gifford and the children at an acquaintance on the same day. Gifford has been taken into custody and did not provide any information on the missing persons.
Authorities received information from witnesses that said the children appeared healthy and that Siegert had switched vehicles multiple times and may be traveling to the Chicago area.
- Tainted gasoline delivered to La Crosse, La Crescent, surrounding areas
- Student leaders want say in University of Wisconsin merger
- No more 'America's Dairyland' on Wisconsin license plates?
- Flu shot clinics opening this week
- "Win The Battle"
- Wisconsin governor tells NFL players to stop anthem protests
- Paul Ryan says he's "bullish" on tax overhaul passing
- Renewable energy jobs up 16 percent in Minnesota
- Wet autumn delays Minnesota harvest, worries farmers
- Fans petition Packers to sign Kaepernick