LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A group of fury friends are looking to leave the animal shelter for a more permanent home.
Pet Smart and the Coulee Region Humane Society are teaming up Saturday to connect shelter animals with area families.
Since the start of the year, the shelter has taken in more than 175 animals.
As part of PetSmart's National Adoption Day, the Coulee Region Humane Society set up shop at the Pet Smart store in Onalaska to give the animals some more exposure.
Volunteers with the Humane Society say the event is a way to help adopt those pets who may be overlooked.
You can find a full list of animals currently at the shelter by going on to the humane society's website.
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager
- Wisconsin National Guard squadron welcomed home after landing in Volk Field
- Grant allows school reading program to continue, expand
- Gubernatorial candidate Mitchell makes campaign stop in La Crosse
- Rotary Lights: What it takes to set it all up
- Aquinas students drop off 4,100 pounds of food, items to WAFER food pantry
- Coulee Council on Addictions receives bikes from Toyota of La Crosse
- UW-Madison's corporate partnerships raise ethical concerns
- 3 hunters shoot themselves on Wisconsin gun deer opener
- Human remains found in Juneau County