WEBSTER, Wis. (WKBT) - One person is dead after a single vehicle crash in Vernon County.
Michael L. Peterson, 22, of Lafarge, was in a vehicle traveling south in the town of Webster when he lost control causing it to roll down an embankment.
PREVIOUS: The crash happened shortly after 2:00 this morning, but because of the darkness, tall grass, and the steep embankment, it was not discovered until later this morning.
This is the first traffic fatality in Vernon County this year.
The driver was not wearing a seatbelt.
The name of the deceased is not being released at this time and crash remains under investigation.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Search to resume for missing boater
- Uncertainty reigns ahead of new health care sign-up period
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Packers QB Brett Hundley prepares for 1st NFL start
- Enchanted Forest returns to Myrick Park this weekend
- Lilmose kicks Hillsboro to postseason berth
- News 8 Sports Round Up - October 18, 2017
- Asian lady beetles, box elders look to move in as temperatures cool
- Minnesota boy playing on hammock dies when tree falls on him