UPDATE: One person was killed in a head-on crash early Tuesday morning in La Crosse County. Another person was taken to the hospital.
Authorities said a pick-up truck traveling east on County Highway FO appears to have crossed the center line and struck an oncoming car.
The driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck was transported to Gundersen Medical Center for treatment.
There were no other passengers in either vehicle, police said.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is assisting the La Crosse County Sheriff's Office with reconstruction of the accident.
Names will be released pending notification of relatives.
The head-on crash between a pick-up truck and a car happened at around 6 a.m. Tuesday on County FO, between County Road F and County Road OA. Law enforcement closed that stretch of road off to traffic to allow investigators to work.
- Wisconsin lawmaker's daughter charged in opioid death
- Trempealeau DA responds to letter sent to Walker
- La Crosse County may turn to other counties to house inmates
- Aaron Rodgers says collarbone surgery went well
- Granny basketball offers on-court fun, friendship
- Iowa parents charged in death of malnourished toddler
- Walker to launch re-election campaign Nov. 5 in Waukesha
- Wisconsin prison head says more space needed
- 125 years in prison for trucker who assaulted children
- DNR board to consider ATV, motorcycle trails in state forest