TOWN OF HOLLAND, Wis. (WKBT) - One person is dead and two others critically injured in a two car, head-on crash just north of Holmen Tuesday afternoon.
It happened about 3:45 p.m. on County Road V in the Town of Holland, about four miles north of the village.
La Crosse Co Sheriff's Dept. Chief Deputy Jeff Wolf says it appears one of the vehicles was in the wrong lane at the time of the crash.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department says a person driving a Jeep Liberty crossed the centerline, crashing head-on into a Ford Focus carrying three people. A passenger in the front seat of the Ford Focus was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver and another passenger in that car were taken to the hospital with critical life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the Jeep received minor injuries.
A section of County Rd. V, between Moe Coulee Road and County Rd. TT, was closed for several hours while crews worked to investigate the crash.
The State Patrol has a team on site to reconstruct the crash.
- Human remains found in Juneau County
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits