ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - More than 30 people are being laid off at Gander Mountain's Onalaska location.
The retail chain filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in March and was bought by Camping World.
A layoff notice from the Department of Workforce Development says a total of 371 people at 9 Wisconsin locations will be laid off by the end of August. That includes 32 in Onalaska.
However, Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis says on Twitter that all of the laid off employees will eventually be re-hired by the new company which will be called 'Gander Outdoors.'
- Rising Above the Flood: Historic storm hits La Crosse
- News 8 Highlight Zone - August 18, 2017
- Fire department concerned with sprinkler laws
- Mural-bearing building granted historic designation, demolition halted
- Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign begins
- More changes coming to Valley View Mall
- 7 River Alliance announce new leader
- Early morning single car crash in Genoa
- Legislature's budget committee resuming voting next week
- Wisconsin lawmakers introduce bill to relax mining rules