MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The man and woman shot to death this week following a police chase in Eden Prairie have been identified.
The Hennepin County medical examiner's office says the two were 36-year-old Matthew Vincent Serbus and 34-year-old Dawn Marie Pfister. Neither had a permanent address, and each died from multiple gunshot wounds.
Authorities say the two were in a speeding vehicle that was driving erratically Friday morning. State Patrol Lt. Eric Roeske says their car rear-ended another vehicle and sped from the scene. A subsequent police chase reached speeds of more than 90 mph.
The suspects' vehicle crashed into a wall, and when the man and woman got out there was a police-involved shooting. Authorities haven't discussed details of the gunfight and haven't said whether Serbus and Pfister were armed.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants