OSAGE, Iowa (AP) - A June sentencing is scheduled for a Mason City woman accused of stealing painkillers from patients in Osage and St. Ansgar while working as a nurse.
Court records say 33-year-old Keri Martinez pleaded guilty Wednesday to two counts of felony prohibited acts. Prosecutors dismissed three other counts in exchange for Martinez's pleas. Her sentencing is set for June 27 in Mitchell County District Court.
Martinez is scheduled to go to trial on June 13 in Cerro Gordo County on one count of felony prohibited acts. She's accused of stealing a patient's painkiller in May 2015 while working as a nurse at a Mason City facility. She's pleaded not guilty.
- Craft brewers fear last-minute regulations in budget
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event