OSAGE, Iowa (AP) - A June sentencing is scheduled for a Mason City woman accused of stealing painkillers from patients in Osage and St. Ansgar while working as a nurse.
Court records say 33-year-old Keri Martinez pleaded guilty Wednesday to two counts of felony prohibited acts. Prosecutors dismissed three other counts in exchange for Martinez's pleas. Her sentencing is set for June 27 in Mitchell County District Court.
Martinez is scheduled to go to trial on June 13 in Cerro Gordo County on one count of felony prohibited acts. She's accused of stealing a patient's painkiller in May 2015 while working as a nurse at a Mason City facility. She's pleaded not guilty.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US