LANSING, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say one man was killed and another injured in northeast Iowa when they were caught in a piece of farm equipment.
The accident occurred around 2 p.m. Thursday in Allamakee (al-uh-muh-KEE') County, about 5 miles (8 kilometers) west-northwest of Lansing.
The Allamakee County Sheriff's Office says the two were working on a forage wagon. One of them was pronounced dead at the scene. The other man was flown to a La Crosse, Wisconsin, hospital for treatment.
Their names and other information about the accident haven't been released.
- Disaster drill prepares medical personnel for rural emergencies' unique challenges
- La Crosse County to be home to Country Boom music festival
- Flu season off to an early and aggressive start in Wisconsin
- Sport stacker makes helping kids with autism his mission
- Wisconsin creating elections security team, plan
- Democrat Vinehout to announce run for governor
- UW-Madison starts free tuition program for transfer students
- Oktoberfest Medallion found
- Downtown La Crosse to gain distillery, first of its kind
- Wisconsin credit union launches class action against Equifax