You can nominate a veteran for the Tomah VA’s "Hall of Heroes" until Saturday, October 19 for their chance to be inducted in November.
Each year, two veterans are honored with a framed photograph and information about their personal awards and citations for heroism or valor.
The “Hall of Heroes” is displayed on a main corridor wall between Buildings 400 and 401.
Induction criteria: Veterans should have been decorated with a personal award and/or
citation for heroism or valor. Awards are reviewed and authenticated with a release form signed
by the Veteran to authorize the required verification. Awards will be ranked following military
ranking, i.e., Congressional Medal of Honor being the highest possible decoration. Multiple
awards for bravery, receipt of a Purple Heart and prisoner of war status will also be considered.
Each submission should include copies of awards and citations, a completed authorization for verification form, and a completed submission coversheet.
Submissions for the consideration of the Hall of Heroes should be sent to:
Scott Farley, Public Affairs Officer
Tomah VA Medical Center
500 east Veterans Street
Tomah, WI 54660
For more information or nomination forms, contact the Tomah VA Office of Public Affairs at (608) 372-7759 or email: email@example.com.
The dedication ceremony will be held on Friday, November 8 at 10 a.m. as part of the Tomah VA's Veterans Day programs.
Veterans currently in the Hall of Heroes are:
· Clarence Suchon, of Stevens Point, inducted November 2012
· Reynold J. Bourgord, of Necedah, inducted November 2012
· John I. Gerzel of Warrens, Wis., inducted November 2011
· Ronald R. Niles originally of Mauston, Wis., inducted November 2011
· Peter Wirth of Spring Grove, Wis., inducted November 2010
· Leonard Jasinski of Chippewa Falls, Wis., inducted November 2010
· Steven Pappas of Grand Marsh, Wis., inducted November 2009
· Robert Witzig of Fennimore, Wis., inducted November 2009
· Peter Quirin of Sparta, Wis., inducted November 2008
· Henry Weinberger of Tomah, Wis., inducted November 2008
· Joseph B. Kube of Tomah, Wis., inducted November 2007
· Robert M. Roth of Lyndon Station, Wis., inducted November 2007