Here's a look at What's for Dinner October 10, 2016:
Beef Stroganoff by Mayo Clinic Health System
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4-inch thick, all fat removed
- 4 cups uncooked yolkless egg noodles
- 1/2 can fat-free cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
In a nonstick frying pan, saute the onions over medium heat until they're translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the beef and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until the beef is tender and browned throughout. Drain well and set aside.
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
In a saucepan, whisk together the soup, water and flour over medium heat. Stir until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add the soup mixture and paprika to the beef in the frying pan. Over medium heat, stir the mixture until warmed through. Remove from heat and add the sour cream. Stir until combined.
To serve, divide the pasta among the plates. Top with the beef mixture and serve immediately.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature