Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: cutting board, sharp knife, large skillet or wok, mixing bowls Do right away when you get home: Step 1
8 oz. sugar snap peas
1 red bell pepper
½ medium red onion
2 green onions
1 tsp. fresh ginger
1 tsp. fresh garlic
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1½ Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. sambal oelek (chili paste)
1 tsp. dark sesame oil
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. canola oil
¼ c. dry roasted peanuts
1. Wash fresh vegetables. Thinly slice red pepper, red onion, and green onion. Set vegetables aside.
2. Peel and mince ginger and garlic. Set aside.
3. Cut into bite sized pieces, about 1 inch.
4. Combine in small bowl. Whisk and set aside. 1 Tbsp. canola oil
5. Heat oil in large skillet or wok. Add garlic and ginger from step 1 and cook 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add chicken, stir-fry 4-5 minutes or until browned and fully cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
6. Add oil to skillet used to cook chicken. Add sliced peppers, onions, and snap peas from action step 1. Stir fry 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Stir in brown sugar mixture from action step 3. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in cooked chicken, toss to coat. Heat until warmed through. Sprinkle with green onions from action step 1.
7. Sprinkle with peanuts before serving.
Suggested Side Items: brown rice and milk