Makes 4 servings
Equipment you will need: large skillet with flame-proof handle, mixing bowls, cutting board, chef knife, wooden spoon
Do right away when you get home: action step 1
Preheat oven to: broiler setting and adjust rack to be 4 inches from the heat source
1 garlic clove
½ medium yellow onion
½ medium red bell pepper
1. Mince garlic, set aside. Finely chop onion, set aside. Finely chop bell pepper, set aside.
3 whole eggs, plus 4 egg whites
½ tsp. each: salt, black pepper
2. In medium bowl, combine ingredients, beating eggs.
½ tsp. olive oil, divided
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cups baby spinach leaves
3. In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic 1 minute until tender. Add spinach cook until wilted. Transfer mixture to bowl, set aside.
½ tsp. olive oil
½ yellow onion, chopped
¼ cup minced red bell pepper
1 (12 oz.) bag shredded potatoes
¼ tsp. salt
4. Return skillet to heat, add oil and onion to pan. Sauté until onion is translucent. Add bell pepper, potatoes and salt. Cook until potatoes begin to brown.
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup shredded cheese
5. Spread potato mixture evenly in skillet, sprinkle with fresh basil. Spread spinach mixture over potatoes. Pour in egg mixture, sprinkle with cheese. Cook, without stirring, until slightly set, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove skillet from heat and place carefully under broiler; broil until brown, puffy and completely set, about 3 minutes. Gently slide onto a warmed serving platter, cut into wedges.