Roasted veggie pizza
Makes 8 slices
Equipment you will need: baking sheet/stone; table spoons; pizza cutter; pot to boil corn cobs
Preheat oven to: 350-400° (check pizza crust directions)
Do right away when you get home: step 1
Roasted veggies, reserved or
1 red onion, small
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 premade Boboli pizza crust (or your favorite)
1 small can pizza sauce
3.5 ounce package Canadian bacon
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese or approx. ¾ cup mozzarella cheese and ¾ cup shredded blend of Asia go, parmesan and Romano
2-4 Cobs of Corn
1. Remove roasted veggies you have reserved and microwave for 2 minutes or wash peppers, cut around core of each vegetable, chop in large pieces, drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat, place in oven for 30 minutes. 1 premade Boboli pizza crust (or your favorite)
2. Prepare pizza crust as directed on package. If using Boboli brand, unwrap crust and place on baking sheet or stone.
3. Spoon onto crust and spread evenly.
4. Spoon on and spread roasted veggies you have reserved or add freshly roasted veggies.
5. Place evenly around pizza.
Place in oven and bake according to package instructions or until cheese is lightly browned. About 20-25 minutes.
6. Sprinkle cheese evenly over toppings. Place in oven and bake according to package instructions or until cheese is lightly browned. About 20-25 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, bring pot of water to a boil. Break or cut cobs in half and boil until kernels are soft yet crisp or bright yellow.
Side item: corn on the cob
Tips: Boboli is just one example of a pizza crust. You can find dough ready for baking in some bakery sections (ex: Festival Foods); you can make and freeze dough for later use, or purchase par-baked pizza crusts (ex: UBake). Cheese blends of shredded Asia go, parmesan and Romano can be found in the cheese section near produce; lends a nice flavor to pizza and pasta dishes and lasts quite a while in the fridge. Shopping list: Boboli pizza crust Canadian bacon slices Corn on the cob Pizza sauce, small can Shredded cheese Veggies for roasting, if needed
Check for: Reserved roasted veggies Olive oil