Makes about 4 (10 ounce) servings
Equipment you will need: large pot; mixing spoon
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. garlic
1. Pour oil into pot over medium-high heat. Dice onion and add to pot; sauté for about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until onion is tender.
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. cumin
1 ¼ tsp. ground ginger or 1 Tbsp. fresh minced ginger
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
2. Add ingredients to pot and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
1 ½ cups apple cider
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 (15 ounce) can vegetable or chicken broth
3. Add ingredients to pot and bring to a boil; then reduce heat to low.
1 cup 1% milk
1 tsp. salt
4. Stir in ingredients and simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
4 Tbsp. lite sour cream
Sour dough bread
5. Top hot soup; serve with fresh toasted sour dough bread and fresh fruit.