Makes about 10 cups
Equipment you will need: large skillet (an electric skillet works well) or large pot; cutting board and knife; pot to boil noodles; 1 Tbsp. and ½ tsp. measuring spoons.
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
1. Wash and prepare vegetables. Chop into small pieces. Add oil to skillet and sauté veggies on medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or ‘til desired tenderness.
1 pound lean ground beef
2. Add ground beef to skillet and cook through.
2 cups elbow macaroni noodles, dry
3. Add noodles to boiling water and boil for 8 minutes.
1 (28-ounce can) crushed tomatoes
1 (14-ounce can) diced tomatoes, drained
Spices: 1 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 Tbsp. paprika, ½ tsp. cayenne pepper, ½ tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp. season salt, ½ tsp. red pepper flakes, ½ tsp. celery seed
4. Meanwhile, add tomatoes and spices to skillet. Stir and let simmer while noodles continue to boil. Taste and add more spices for flavor as desired.
1 cup shredded cheese
½ cup nacho cheese sauce or Velveeta
5. Drain noodles and fold into tomato mixture. Stir in cheeses. Warm until cheese melts.
Tossed salad and toppings
6. Prepare and serve with hot goulash.