By Mayo Clinic Staff
Sweet curry is made from a blend of ground spices. Combined with yogurt, it makes a light, creamy sauce that perfectly complements ripe, juicy melon.
Number of servings
For the sauce
· 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
· 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
· 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon dark honey
· 1 teaspoon garam masala or 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves and a pinch of ground nutmeg
· 1 large casaba, cantaloupe or honeydew melon
· Fresh mint leaves for garnish
To make the sweet curry cream, whisk together the yogurt, lemon zest and juice, honey, and garam masala or spice mixture in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Halve the melon, and using a spoon, remove and discard the seeds. Using a melon baller, scoop out the melon flesh and place it into a large bowl.
Just before serving, place 1 cup melon balls in each individual bowl. Spoon about 2 tablespoons curry cream over each serving and garnish with the fresh mint. Pass the remaining sauce at the table.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size :About 1 cup melon and 1/6 of the sauce
· Total carbohydrate 26 g
· Dietary fiber 2.5 g
· Sodium 53 mg
· Saturated fat < 1 g