Here's a look at What's for Dinner September 23, 2016:
Teriyaki Pork and Rice by Gundersen health System
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- ¾ lb. of pork loin
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups uncooked minute brown rice
- 14-16 oz. package frozen stir-fry vegetables
1. Mince garlic and set aside. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on high heat. Add pork and minced garlic. Cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Add 2 cups water and teriyaki sauce; stir. Bring to boil. Stir in rice. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 minutes.
3. Stir in frozen vegetables. Heat until vegetables are hot, about 5 minutes.
4. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Recipe found at: Gundersen Health System